When you’re selling your home, the price you set is a critical factor in the return you’ll receive. That’s why you need a professional evaluation from an experienced Realtor®. This person can provide you with an honest assessment of your home, based on several factors, including:
- Market conditions
- Condition of your home
- Repairs or improvements
- Selling timeframe
In real estate terms, market value is the price at which a particular house, in its current condition, should sell on the OPEN MARKET (eg MLS®) within 30 to 90 days.....in the present 2021 Ottawa & area Real Estate SELLER'S market the average number of days on the MLS® is 19 for freehold & 31 for condos.
The statistical benchmarks for selling price are rising DAILY in 2021...making it even more crucial for advice from a professional Realtor® as we have access to the most up-to-date listing and selling data.
If the price of your home is too high, this could cause several things:
- Limits buyers. Potential buyers may not view your home because it appears to be out of their buying range.
- Limits showings. Other salespeople may be more reluctant to view your home.
- Used as leverage. Other Realtors® may use this home to drive the sale of other homes that are better-priced.
- Extended stay on the market. When a home is on the market too long, it may be perceived as defective. Buyers may wonder, “what’s wrong,” or “why hasn’t this sold?”
- An overpriced home, still on the market beyond the average selling time, could lead to a lower selling price. To sell it, you will have to reduce the price – sometimes several times. In the end, you’ll probably get less than if it had been properly priced in the first place.
- Wasted time and energy.
Realtors® have known it for years – well-kept homes that are properly priced in the beginning always get you the fastest sale for the best price. In our present market that means multiple offers & selling over the List price....and that’s why you need a professional to assist you in the selling of your home.
Often, in a seller’s market, homes that are initially priced slightly below market value will sell for more, simply because of the extra interest they incite. This can be a risk, however, and when it comes to such a decision, an experienced, trusted Realtor® is your best ally.
Your Realty Dreams
Can Become a Reality.
When you’re on a real estate journey, you need a real estate guide that can’t be beat–and that’s Helene Hutchings.
Real Estate Agent
2 Hobin Street Ottawa, ON K2S 1C3
Cell: 613 552-0587
Office: 613 831-9628